Double glory for Lowestoft Town
Lowestoft 3, Needham Market 2: Lowestoft Town added the LB Group Suffolk Premier Cup to their Ridgeons League title in thrilling fashion at Portman Road last night.
Lowestoft 3, Needham Market 2
Lowestoft Town added the LB Group Suffolk Premier Cup to their Ridgeons League title in thrilling fashion at Portman Road last night.
Captain Darren Cockrill scored an injury-time penalty to give the Blues a 3-2 victory over Needham Market.
Lowestoft dominated the opening half hour and led 2-0 thanks to two goals from Jamie Godbold, who twice took advantage of poor Needham defending.
You may also want to watch:
Needham got a foothold in the game towards the end of the opening period and got on top in the second half. Danny Phillips pulled a goal back and two minutes later Tommy Smith headed the equaliser.
Needham looked the more likely winners at that stage and had a good shout for a penalty turned down before Lowestoft went up the other end and won a penalty themselves which Cockrill slotted home.
- 1 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
Dereham 4, Felixstowe 3
Dereham scored three times in the final five minutes to claim an incredible Premier Division victory.
Visitors Felixstowe were 2-0 up after 15 minutes thanks to a brace from Sean Bell and scored again before the break with a brilliant Bradley Barber free-kick after Danny Beaumont had reduced the arrears.
Dereham clawed a goal back in the 85h minute when Beaumont's low drive struck the post, with the rebound being deflected into the net by Barber.
Two minutes later the Magpies equalised when defender Simon Williams leapt well at the far post to nod home Beaumont's centre. Dereham completed the turnaround in the fifth minute of injury time minute when Nicky Howell drilled home in emphatic fashion.
Fakenham 3, Thetford 2
Fakenham were two goals up in 15 minutes. Mark Betts' low cross from the right forced an own goal and then he hooked a fine shot across the keeper from the right of the area.
On half-time Sam Bryant burst between two Fakenham defenders to pull a goal back for Thetford.
Just after the break Bryant flicked home a header from a corner for the equaliser. Fakenham regained the lead on 55 minutes when a free-kick from wide right by Jake Betts found the net.