Doubts over McVeigh and Drury
Paul McVeigh and Adam Drury remain Nigel Worthington's biggest injury concerns ahead of Sunday's derby showdown with Ipswich Town. Full-back Drury has been struggling with a bout of gastroenteritis since the weekend, while the in-form McVeigh picked up a slight thigh knock in City's miserable midweek defeat.
Paul McVeigh and Adam Drury remain Nigel Worthington's biggest injury concerns ahead of Sunday's derby showdown with Ipswich Town.
Full-back Drury has been struggling with a bout of gastroenteritis since the weekend - hence his half-time disappearance at Reading on Tuesday night - while the in-form McVeigh picked up a slight thigh knock in City's miserable midweek defeat.
At least Worthington has three more options to play with as he revealed that new signings Rob Earnshaw, Jonatan Johansson and Zesh Rehman will all be “in the squad” for Sunday's clash.
Whether all three will start was, he said, not for the Ipswich manager to know.
You may also want to watch:
It will, however, come as a huge surprise if £2.75m new boy Earnshaw is not thrown straight into the derby deep end with the City chief making it very clear how much he was eagerly awaiting his first Norwich start.
“I'm really looking forward to working with him,” said Worthington, with Earnshaw due to complete his first full training session with his new team-mates today after tidying up his affairs back in the Midlands yesterday.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 4 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 5 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
“He's got great pace, good devil in his play and an edge to him as an individual. I think he's going to prove a very, very good signing for Norwich City Football Club.”
The proof of that will be tested for the first time at 11.15am on Sunday morning.