Dramatic win in cup for Belles
- Credit: Archant
Hellesdon Belles 3, NCBC 2 (AET)
The Belles won through to the Women’s Sevens League cup final with a dramatic last-gasp goal against NCBC.
Belles entertained a much-changed NCBC team in the semi-final on Sunday.
Playing into a strong wind it was the Belles who opened the scoring when Heather Heslin slotted home. NCBC then dominated the game and equalised when Belles conceded a soft goal and then NCBC added another.
Half time 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
The Belles upped their game and came close when Kenna was denied by the crossbar. It was one-way traffic as the Bells went close on numerous occasions only to be denied by the woodwork or excellent goalkeeping.
The equaliser did eventually come when Cath Heslin smashed the ball home. It finished 2-2 so it went to extra time. The Belles dominated but were again denied by the woodwork as the ball would not go in.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 10 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
When it looked like it was going to go to penalties Cath scored the winner with just seconds of extra time left!
Player of the match: Keri Boorman.