Dramatic win in cup for Belles
- Credit: Archant
Hellesdon Belles 3, NCBC 2 (AET)
The Belles won through to the Women’s Sevens League cup final with a dramatic last-gasp goal against NCBC.
Belles entertained a much-changed NCBC team in the semi-final on Sunday.
Playing into a strong wind it was the Belles who opened the scoring when Heather Heslin slotted home. NCBC then dominated the game and equalised when Belles conceded a soft goal and then NCBC added another.
Half time 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
The Belles upped their game and came close when Kenna was denied by the crossbar. It was one-way traffic as the Bells went close on numerous occasions only to be denied by the woodwork or excellent goalkeeping.
The equaliser did eventually come when Cath Heslin smashed the ball home. It finished 2-2 so it went to extra time. The Belles dominated but were again denied by the woodwork as the ball would not go in.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
When it looked like it was going to go to penalties Cath scored the winner with just seconds of extra time left!
Player of the match: Keri Boorman.