Drayton up the pace in race for title honours
Milton Lindsay Drayton are the team piling on the pressure at the top of Division One at the moment after Yelverton could only draw with a well organised Marlborough Old Boy's team.
Drayton are the team piling on the pressure at the top of Division One at the moment after Yelverton could only draw with a well organised Marlborough Old Boy's team. Drayton are unbeaten in the league since losing to Yelverton at the end of September and had another great win this weekend over fellow title-chasers UEA reserves to close the gap at the top.
The remaining fixtures in Division One resulted in wins for Salhouse over Wensum, Loddon A over bottom club Jarrolds and a 2-2 draw between Costessey Crown and Mousehold.
In Division One Jubilee got back to winning ways by beating Horsford A at Rackheath and maintain a five-point gap at the top. Dyers Arms overcame South Walsham reserves at Sprowston to come out 2-1 winners. Norwich Medics overpowered Hempnall A 6-1 and Costessey sports bounced back from the previous week's defeat to hammer Mousehold athletic reserves 6-0.
Lingwood are certainly the team of the moment, though, and it was Sprowston Beehive who were defeated this week.
The Bees must now dread playing against form player Ryan 'Thunder' Bolt, whose hat-trick secured the points. He has now scored nine goals against the Bees in two matches. Costessey Crown reserves stay top after defeating Old Catton and Yelverton reserves remain in second after beating Horsford B.
- 1 Ex-Norwich City striker set for 10-match ban
- 2 Smith takeaways: Purple patch; classy Nunez, predatory Pukki; Cantwell absence
- 3 BLACKPOOL 0 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 4 'A front line to be jealous about' - Appleton's verdict on Norwich City
- 5 STARTING XIs: Hernandez replaces Sara for Blackpool trip
- 6 Bullish Smith puts City rivals on notice
- 7 City boss looking for more Blackpool thrills and spills
- 8 Smith's 'pride' at Canaries' reset
- 9 'Cracking stuff' - Fans react to Norwich City's win at Blackpool
- 10 Follow live updates of Blackpool v Norwich City
Hockering and Drayton reserves shared the spoils in a six goal battle at Gurney and Reepham A are picking up points and gaining places after another good win at home to Ketts Tavern Toucans.
t It is with regret that the league has to announce the withdrawal of Hellesdon Wanderers from Division Three. Wanderers cited an all too familiar problem of lack of voluntary help as the primary reason.