Drury set for recall
David Cuffley Adam Drury looks set for a recall to the Norwich City side for tomorrow night's Championship match at home to Crystal Palace (7.45pm). Drury was left out of the 16 for Saturday's 2-1 win at Nottingham Forest, but is in line for a central defensive role against Palace.
Adam Drury looks set for a recall to the Norwich City side for tomorrow night's Championship match at home to Crystal Palace (7.45pm).
Drury was left out of the 16 for Saturday's 2-1 win at Nottingham Forest, but is in line for a central defensive role against Palace.
Gary Doherty is suspended after his red card at Forest, while Elliott Omozusi is a doubtful starter with a hamstring injury.
You may also want to watch:
With Dejan Stefanovic out for the season with knee ligament damage, manager Glenn Roeder's options in the centre of defence are limited.
French loan signing Antoine Sibierski is also doubtful again after missing the last two matches with a knee problem.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
Said Roeder: “Elliott's only got a 50-50 chance of playing, unfortunately. I think Sibby's about the same, to be honest, having seen him yesterday.
“But we will take a view on both boys at lunchtime tomorrow.
“We had a few other bumps and knocks but they're all OK.
“If Elliott doesn't make it, I would have thought that gives an opportunity again for Adam to do his stand-in role at centre-back, which he's more than capable of doing, as he has shown already this season.”
Roeder is unlikely to use Sammy Clingan in a defensive role, despite his impressive performance for the final half-hour at Forest after Omozusi was taken off.
“I think Sammy is too important to us in the centre of midfield, but he showed his versatility again on Saturday, dropping in there and doing really well,” said Roeder. “But he has too many other qualities and we need him in the centre of midfield. At the end of the day, Adam is an out and out defender.”
Midfielder Darel Russell is missing again tomorrow because he completes a three-match ban for his sending-off against Preston.