Incoming? Duo linked with City pictured in Norwich
- Credit: PA
Two young prospects linked with Norwich City in recent weeks have teased Canaries fans about their imminent arrivals, after posting a photo of themselves exploring Norwich city centre.
England Under-19 international Bali Mumba has been strongly linked with a move from League One side Sunderland, having been on loan in non-league before the season was suspended after being largely restricted to under-23s action with his parent club.
The 18-year-old posted a photo of himself on Gentleman’s Walk, next to Norwich Market, on Saturday alongside Matthew Dennis, whose time with the Arsenal academy came to an end recently.
Dennis, also 18, was with the Gunners from the age of six and left after completing the second year of his scholarship, without signing a professional contract. The Athletic have claimed he will be joining Norwich this summer.
The winger or full-back featured regularly at U18 level this season but only made one appearance at U23 level and looks set to follow in the footsteps of players including Josh Martin, Charlie Gilmour, Shae Hutchinson and goalkeeper Daniel Barden in joining Norwich after leaving the Arsenal academy.
Greek midfielder Savvas Mourgos and defender Timi Odusina were also with the North London club before joining City, although both have been released this year.
Mumba seems the more likely of the two to be in with a chance of first-team involvement next season once the Canaries have returned to the Championship - particularly with current first choice right-back Max Aarons being linked with a £20m move to Wolves.
He made five senior appearances as a midfielder for crisis club Sunderland but was largely a right-back at U23 level this season, before featuring as a winger for Northern Premier Division leaders South Shields at step three of the non-league pyramid, scoring two goals in three games before the season was cancelled at that level in March.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich are understood to be busy lining up several pieces of transfer business, ahead of a short turnaround between seasons, with their disappointing Premier League relegation campaign to finish at Manchester City next Sunday.
- 1 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 2 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 3 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 9 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 10 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame