Dyers Arms 5, Wensum Albion 1
Albion were looking for their first double of the season after victory in the home tie against Dyers Arms a few weeks ago.
Always a competitive game it was Dyers who started the better of the two sides, finding plenty of space to pass the ball around the park effectively.
With most of the possession, the home team took the lead early in the first half, their striker firing low past Albion keeper Cooper.
Dyers doubled their advantage midway through the half, again the pace of their striker seeing him convert another one on one.
At the other end Albion struggled to create chances but managed to reduce the deficit when Mark Leeper controlled a Gorbould pass before firing a volley that crept inside the post. Still in the game Wensum pushed forward in the second half and at times found their rhythm with some nice passing moves.
You may also want to watch:
The game looked over when Dyers scored two goals in a couple of minutes to make it 4-1. A fifth was added on 75 minutes and with the game won Dyers allowed Albion more time and space.
The final 15 minutes saw Albion play their best football and create good chances. Aaron Bowes Shorten went close twice, firstly with a header then a left foot shot which hit the post. Albion were awarded a penalty late on for handball in the box, but Philo’s spot kick was saved as the away side searched for that bit of luck. Philo went close again with a header but time ran out for any kind of miraculous comeback that would have been undeserved.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move