Earnshaw joins Forest
Former Norwich City striker Robert Earnshaw has joined Nottingham Forest from Derby for £2.65million. The 27-year-old scored just two goals in 25 appearances for the Rams last season after his summer arrival from Norwich.
Former Norwich City striker Robert Earnshaw has joined Nottingham Forest from Derby for £2.65million.
The 27-year-old scored just two goals in 25 appearances for the Rams last season after his summer arrival from Norwich.
The ex-Canaries hitman has signed a three-year contract with Forest, who secured automatic promotion to the Championship after finishing second in League One.
He told the club's website, nottinghamforest.co.uk: “It has taken a few weeks but now everything is sorted I can't wait for the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“Promotion for Forest was huge and hopefully we can keep the exciting times going. Forest have got a young squad who want to do well and that goes a long way. There shouldn't be any surprises as to how good the team can be.
“On appearances and getting the chance to play, Derby was disappointing but that's how it goes. I'm just looking at it as a chapter closed, I will learn from it and am looking forward to getting back to playing football.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride