East Anglian derby switched to BBC
Norwich City's Championship home game against Ipswich Town has been moved again.The game, on Sunday, November 28, will now be screened by BBC instead of Sky.
Norwich City's Championship derby against Ipswich at Carrow Road has been moved a third time and will now be broadcast live by the BBC on Sunday, November 28 (KO 1.15pm).
The original fixture scheduled for the previous date was put back on police advice with Sky provisionally broadcasting the eagerly-anticipated derby at 11.30am.
However, a Football League spokesman confirmed yesterday the game will now be featured by rival broadcaster BBC a couple of hours later on the same November 28 date.
He said: “There was initially some interest from Sky Sports in showing this match but in this particular instance the BBC get precedence.”
You may also want to watch:
Sky will televise Norwich's Championship opener at home to Watford on Friday, August 6 (7.45pm) as part of their first month of confirmed live games from the Football League. City are in line to pocket a �200,000 cash bonus from their two televised appearances, with home teams collecting �100,000 per live Championship match, compared to just �10,000 going to away teams. In League One and Two, the figures are �20,000 for the home club and �10,000 for the visitors.
There have so far been four amendments to the club's original 2010/11 fixture list with the return derby fixture at Ipswich moved from Easter Saturday to Good Friday, April 22 (1.15pm). The trip to Crystal Palace on Boxing Day will now involve an earlier start for City fans after the kick-off time was brought forward to 1pm.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis