Easy start for new keepers as Blues ease home
Biggleswade Town 0, Lowestoft Town 2: Lowestoft Town produced another accomplished performance at the impressive Carlsberg Stadium, the new home of Biggleswade Town.
Biggleswade Town 0, Lowestoft Town 2
Lowestoft Town produced another accomplished performance at the impressive Carlsberg Stadium, the new home of Biggleswade Town.
With Andy Reynolds unavailable, the Blues had two new keepers on show with Phil Smith between the sticks in the first half and Jamie Greygoose the second.
Lowestoft found their rhythm from the outset with Jamie Godbold releasing Dale Cockrill who was foiled by the legs of keeper Ryan Rayner.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Francis then screwed a shot wide of the far post before the Blues took a 10th minute lead. Carl Poppy's shot was deflected for a corner and when the flag kick was played in the ball was knocked back across goal foe Francis to volley home from 12 yards.
Jamie Forshaw was close to increasing the lead, pouncing onto to Francis' knock down but seeing his 20-yard effort rise just too high
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
Biggleswade enjoyed a good spell just before the break with Geoffrey Banks-Smith's effort dipping just over the bar and then Lee Harman found himself clear only to be denied by a fine one handed save by Phil Smith.
Lowestoft continued in a similar vein in the second half with Stuart Ainsley's 25 yard drive tipped over the bar by Ryan Rayner.
Adam Smith and Ainsley created an opening for Christy Finch who could only hook the ball over the bar. Lee Harman again went close for the home side before Lowestoft doubled their lead in the 61st minute. Godbold swung in a cross from the right - and Michael Cox steered a header into the corner of his own net.
Sam Gaughran found time to join the attack, hitting the side netting with one effort and seeing a looping header clip the cross bar. Stuart Ainsley saw his header held under the bar by Rayner but the last action of the game saw Stuart Lochhead volley wide of the Lowestoft net.
t Biggleswade Town: Rayner, Gatti, Radcliffe, Webster (M Cox 58), Reynolds, Kilroy (Field 58), Cavill (Lochhead 34), Colmer (G Cox 58), Barnes (Donnelly 25), Harman, Banks-Smith.
t Lowestoft Town: P Smith (Greygoose 46), Poppy, A Smith, Cockrill, Halliday, Gaughran, Godbold, Fisk (Ainsley (46), Forshaw (Finch 53), Francis, Mitchell (Sub Cave-Brown 59), Sub not used Haynes-Brown.