Where are Norwich City Under-21s heading in EFL Trophy?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Under-21s will have to wait a little longer before renewing East Anglian derby hostilities with Ipswich Town.
The two clubs, as expected, were kept apart when the final groups were drawn for round one of the 2019-20 EFL Trophy yesterday, with the competition's governing body keeping high-profile rivals apart.
The young Canaries are on Southern Group B, alongside Crawley Town, current EFL Trophy holders Portsmouth and Oxford United.
Match dates are on the weeks commencing September 2, October 7, and November 11.
Portsmouth lifted the Trophy after beating Sunderland 5-4 on penalties at Wembley in March following a 2-2 draw after extra-time.
You may also want to watch:
The last time City faced Portsmouth - in January - they suffered an humiliating 1-0 home defeat in the FA Cup third round.
The draw, conducted on talkSPORT by host Jim White and guests Karl Robinson and Huw Jennings, saw 16 invited Under-21 teams placed into the Northern and Southern sections of the competition respectively.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 6 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
As in 2018/19, the groups in the EFL Trophy were arranged so that EFL clubs and their fans face the minimum overall travelling time to matches.
Ipswich are in Group A alongside Gillingham, Colchester United and Tottenham's Under-21s, while Peterborough United are in Group H, with Cambridge United, Northampton Town and Arsenal's Under-21s.