RECAP: England U21s 2 Turkey U21s 1
- Credit: PA Wire
Norwich City duo Max Aarons and Oliver Skipp both start for the England Under-21s against Turkey tonight - and you can follow their progress with our updates from Molineux.
Aarons won his eighth cap as he played all of a 3-3 draw in Andorra on Wednesday, with the minnows finding a deserved equaliser in injury-time to end the 100 percent record the Young Lions had in Group Three of qualifying for next year’s European U21 Championship.
Aidy Boothroyd left some of his more experienced players on the bench, including Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, former Norwich defender Ben Godfrey and City midfielder Skipp.
The on-loan Tottenham prospect has five caps at U21 level so far and is getting his first taste of regular starting action with the Canaries, playing every minute of the opening four Championship matches under Daniel Farke.
Victory over Turkey at Molineux this evening (7.30pm kick-off) will seal qualification as group winners for the Young Lions, although Turkey gave them a good run for their money in a 3-2 away win earlier in the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The Turks however have had a disappointing campaign and sit fourth in the group with two wins and a draw from seven games, so cannot qualify for the finals in Hungary and Slovenia.
- You can keep up to date with the game and the progress of the Canaries players involved in the live blog above
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis