Etuhu missed trip due to illness
CHRIS LAKEY Peter Grant confirmed that Canaries midfielder Dickson Etuhu missed Saturday's match because of illness.“Dickson was ill, he has been ill all week to be fair,” said the City boss after the defeat at Colchester.
Peter Grant confirmed that Canaries midfielder Dickson Etuhu missed Saturday's match because of illness.
“Dickson was ill, he has been ill all week to be fair,” said the City boss after the defeat at Colchester. “There are a few of them like that but that would be a lame excuse.”
Dutch defender Jurgen Colin also missed the trip to Essex after straining a groin in training on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been struggling for the last week, but yesterday it flared up again,” he said.
Adam Drury, as expected, missed the game because of an ankle injury but Grant is hoping he will be fit for Friday's trip to Hull.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 4 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
“He has improved a lot in the last week so I am hoping he will be available for next week, but time will tell,” he said.
“He has not trained with us since the injury. We will see over the next few days and hopefully he can come back training and be available, but that is in the lap of the gods.”
The shortage of players meant Grant named 16-year-old striker Kris Renton on the sub's bench.
“He has deserved it, he has played well,” said Grant. “Also the fact that a couple of late calls offs with Colin and Adam Drury and big Dickson.
“He has been playing well in the youth team and deserves his chance. The only disappointing thing for him was I wasn't going to put him on for a debut when you are playing an embarrassing second half like that.”