Evening News League banner is flying high in cups
Sunday was a good day for the Evening News Copy IT Norwich Sunday League teams in County Cup action.
The results in the various competitions have left the league with a representative in every final.
Second half goals by Danny McKail and Rikki George saw Marlborough beat Wymondham Rangers 2-0 in front of a large crowd at Eaton Park.
Wymondham I feel will be cursing their luck a little as they failed to take some good first half chances.
Marlborough will face Dog House in the final after the Premier Division side came from behind to beat a battling St Faiths 3-2 after extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Bayer FC will be our representatives in the Intermediate Final after a Wayne Nelson hat-trick and goals by Ben Williamson and Stevie Davis helped them beat Thetford Independents 5-1. Danny Nelson turned in a man-of-the-match performance. Bell Inn reached the Junior Cup Final after a 3-2 victory over Riverside Rovers. Well done to all.
• Norfolk Junior Cup semi-finals: Lynn North End 2, Reffley Royals 6; Harleston 2, UEA 5.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 6 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 7 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 8 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 9 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption
• Norfolk Primary Cup semi-finals: Gt Massingham 1 Belton 3; Tugas Utd 2 Hopton 4.
• Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup, semi-finals: Marlborough 2 Wymondham Rgrs 0; St Faiths 2 Dog House 3.
• Norfolk Sunday Intermediate Cup semi-finals: Bentinck Arms 2 Globe Bowls Club 0; Bayer 5 Thetford Independents 1
• Norfolk Sunday Junior Cup semi-finals: Bell Inn 3 Riverside Rvrs 2; Pott Row OB 1 Fairstead Utd 3.
• Norfolk Veterans Cup quarter-finals: Norwich Trafford 2 Horsford SC 1; Poringland Wdrs 4 King’s Arms Crusaders 0; Sprowston Wdrs 6 Costessey Crown 2; Aylsham Black Boys 0 Scole Utd 1