Evening News League banner is flying high in cups
Sunday was a good day for the Evening News Copy IT Norwich Sunday League teams in County Cup action.
The results in the various competitions have left the league with a representative in every final.
Second half goals by Danny McKail and Rikki George saw Marlborough beat Wymondham Rangers 2-0 in front of a large crowd at Eaton Park.
Wymondham I feel will be cursing their luck a little as they failed to take some good first half chances.
Marlborough will face Dog House in the final after the Premier Division side came from behind to beat a battling St Faiths 3-2 after extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Bayer FC will be our representatives in the Intermediate Final after a Wayne Nelson hat-trick and goals by Ben Williamson and Stevie Davis helped them beat Thetford Independents 5-1. Danny Nelson turned in a man-of-the-match performance. Bell Inn reached the Junior Cup Final after a 3-2 victory over Riverside Rovers. Well done to all.
• Norfolk Junior Cup semi-finals: Lynn North End 2, Reffley Royals 6; Harleston 2, UEA 5.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
• Norfolk Primary Cup semi-finals: Gt Massingham 1 Belton 3; Tugas Utd 2 Hopton 4.
• Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup, semi-finals: Marlborough 2 Wymondham Rgrs 0; St Faiths 2 Dog House 3.
• Norfolk Sunday Intermediate Cup semi-finals: Bentinck Arms 2 Globe Bowls Club 0; Bayer 5 Thetford Independents 1
• Norfolk Sunday Junior Cup semi-finals: Bell Inn 3 Riverside Rvrs 2; Pott Row OB 1 Fairstead Utd 3.
• Norfolk Veterans Cup quarter-finals: Norwich Trafford 2 Horsford SC 1; Poringland Wdrs 4 King’s Arms Crusaders 0; Sprowston Wdrs 6 Costessey Crown 2; Aylsham Black Boys 0 Scole Utd 1