Everton are odds on for victory over Norwich City
BETTING: Buoyed by their terrific performance against high-flying Newcastle last weekend, the Canaries head to Goodison Park to face an Everton side just three points behind them in the Premier League table with a game in hand.
Under such circumstances, most reasonable punters, mindful that Everton enjoy home advantage, would expect David Moyes’ men to be installed as favourites with Norwich not that far behind in the betting. Yet the price differential is enormous. Everton are priced as Ladbrokes’ 4/7 jollies, whereas City are offered at 5.5 (9/2) by online firm Betdaq.
Granted, City are yet to keep a clean sheet, but Everton have managed only seven goals at home, so the likelihood is it could be as close as when Norwich last visited Merseyside and captured a point. Betfred offer the draw at 13/5.
Punters anticipating a stout display reminiscent of Norwich’s excellent performance at Liverpool will expect City to frustrate Everton and their vociferous crowd. Accordingly, the 9/4 chalked by Stan James against the opening period finishing goalless holds obvious appeal, while Sportingbet’s 2/5 for the first half to produce fewer than 1.5 goals would, for many, fall into “banker” territory. Totesport consider the chances of the first period concluding on level terms to be an extremely attractive 7/5 shot.
Although Skybet post 5/6 about both teams finding the net, few would be surprised if at least one goal arrived via the penalty spot. Paddy Power rate the chances of a spot-kick being awarded at any time at 9/5.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Victor Chandler place a mammoth 5/1 against Norwich keeping a clean sheet – remember Everton’s home goalscoring record is the Premier League’s second lowest, while Partybets post an intriguing 12/1 against the Canaries emerging victorious at Goodison following a drawn opening half.
City are an enormous 16/1 with bet365 to record a 1-0 win.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia