Everton are odds on for victory over Norwich City
BETTING: Buoyed by their terrific performance against high-flying Newcastle last weekend, the Canaries head to Goodison Park to face an Everton side just three points behind them in the Premier League table with a game in hand.
Under such circumstances, most reasonable punters, mindful that Everton enjoy home advantage, would expect David Moyes’ men to be installed as favourites with Norwich not that far behind in the betting. Yet the price differential is enormous. Everton are priced as Ladbrokes’ 4/7 jollies, whereas City are offered at 5.5 (9/2) by online firm Betdaq.
Granted, City are yet to keep a clean sheet, but Everton have managed only seven goals at home, so the likelihood is it could be as close as when Norwich last visited Merseyside and captured a point. Betfred offer the draw at 13/5.
Punters anticipating a stout display reminiscent of Norwich’s excellent performance at Liverpool will expect City to frustrate Everton and their vociferous crowd. Accordingly, the 9/4 chalked by Stan James against the opening period finishing goalless holds obvious appeal, while Sportingbet’s 2/5 for the first half to produce fewer than 1.5 goals would, for many, fall into “banker” territory. Totesport consider the chances of the first period concluding on level terms to be an extremely attractive 7/5 shot.
Although Skybet post 5/6 about both teams finding the net, few would be surprised if at least one goal arrived via the penalty spot. Paddy Power rate the chances of a spot-kick being awarded at any time at 9/5.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Victor Chandler place a mammoth 5/1 against Norwich keeping a clean sheet – remember Everton’s home goalscoring record is the Premier League’s second lowest, while Partybets post an intriguing 12/1 against the Canaries emerging victorious at Goodison following a drawn opening half.
City are an enormous 16/1 with bet365 to record a 1-0 win.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits