STARTING XIs: Buendia benched as City make three changes at Everton – with Zimmermann to start
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The central defensive cavalry has finally arrived for Norwich City, with Christoph Zimmermann fit to bolster Daniel Farke’s starting line-up for this afternoon’s Premier League clash at Everton – as one of three changes, with Emi Buendia dropped.
Zimmermann missed all of pre-season after minor knee surgery in the summer and returned during the 1-0 League Cup loss at Crawley in August.
The German giant made his Premier League debut a few days later but suffered damage to his foot after a poor tackle from West Ham striker Sebastien Haller in a 2-0 away loss, ruling him out for over two months.
Zimmermann slots in alongside Ben Godfrey and Sam Byram comes in for Jamal Lewis at left-back, who has a minor knee injury, and Todd Cantwell comes in for Marco Stiepermann.
Emi Buendia and Stiepermann drop to the bench, with Patrick Roberts among the substitutes with striker Josip Drmic ruled out until January with a hamstring injury.
Opposition view: Canaries clash is crucial for Everton to build momentum
You may also want to watch:
The hosts are unchanged, as they look to build on a 2-1 win at Southampton prior to the international break, which followed a 1-1 home draw with Tottenham.
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Byram; Trybull, Tettey (C); McLean, Cantwell, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Amadou, Stiepermann, Buendia, Vrancic, Roberts, Srbeny
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 9 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
EVERTON: Pickford: Sidibe, Mina, Holgate, Digne; Davies, Schneiderlin; Walcott, Sigurdsson (C), Richarlison; Tosun. Subs: Lossl (GK), Keane, Coleman, Iwobi, Calvert-Lewin, Kean, Baningime
REFEREE: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)
VAR: Darren England (South Yorks)
- You can follow all the action before, during and after the game at Goodison Park in our Matchday Live blog
- And don't forget to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis as our reporters follow the Canaries around the country