Ex-Canaries striker joins Essex rivals
Colchester boss Adrian Boothroyd is hoping to resurrect the career of former Norwich City forward Ian Henderson. The 24-year-old has joined the U's after leaving Turkish club Ankaragucu.
Colchester boss Adrian Boothroyd is hoping to resurrect the career of former Norwich City forward Ian Henderson.
The 24-year-old has joined the U's after leaving Turkish club Ankaragucu.
The move was subject to clearance from both the English and Turkish Football Associations.
Henderson played under Boothroyd when the U's boss was in charge of youth-team affairs at Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The Colchester manager believes the former Northampton Town and Luton Town player is a useful addition to his squad.
Boothroyd said: "I'm hoping that we can give him the springboard to kick on.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
"He lost his way a little bit and went to play in Turkey, which can happen very often with British players going over to foreign climes, speaking a different language with different rules."
The move opens the possibility that Henderson could play against Norwich in the League One match a week tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Boothroyd has admitted Colchester may face competition over the potential signing of Nolberto Solano. The Peru international has been training with the U's again this week, with a view to sealing a permanent switch.
"Nobby is a fantastic character and a wonderful ambassador for the game," said Boothroyd. "I'm aware that there are obviously other teams that are interested in him but I won't be rushed in to any decision on him."
Colchester will be without influential midfielder John-Joe O'Toole for their crunch match against Norwich.
The U's game at Yeovil Town tomorrow has been postponed and the second game of O'Toole's two-match suspension now carries forward to the next game against the Canaries.