Ex-Canary freed by Swansea
Former Norwich City winger Adrian Forbes has been released by Swansea City. Forbes is one of three players told by manager Kenny Jackett that his contract will not be renewed for next season.
Former Norwich City winger Adrian Forbes has been released by Swansea City.
Forbes is one of three players told by manager Kenny Jackett that his contract will not be renewed for next season.
The ex-Canary did not feature in Swansea's 16 for the League One play-off final against Barnsley last Saturday, which they lost on penalties after a 2-2 draw.
Club skipper Roberto Martinez and second-choice goalkeeper Brian Murphy have also been freed.
You may also want to watch:
Forbes, 27, joined the Swans from Luton in the summer of 2004 and made 85 appearances in two seasons, scoring some crucial goals - including the last in the League at Vetch Field and the winner in the promotion-clinching trip to Bury last year.
"Decisions like this are never easy or pleasant, but I would like to thank Adrian and Roberto for everything they have done," said Jackett. "They have both been terrific servants and played a major part in some great achievements.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries and Hornets clash in title tussle
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
"The emergence of Leon Britton on the right and young Shaun MacDonald's progress has contributed towards my decision to let Adrian go.”