Ex-Norwich City midfielder in a spot of World Cup bother
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City player Robbie Brady is to be investigated for a possible headbutt during the Republic of Ireland’s World Cup qualifying win in Wales.
Fifa confirmed it is investigating whether Brady headbutted Wales defender Ashley Williams in the 61st minute – he was caught on camera flicking his forehead into the back of the Everton defender but it was missed by referee Damir Skomina.
If Brady is charged and found guilty, he could miss at least the first leg of their World Cup play-off next month.
Former Canary Craig Bellamy believes Brady – who left City for Burnley in January – should not face any retrospective action.
Bellamy said: “Honestly, do we really need to see replays of that, is it that big?”
You may also want to watch:
“Uefa or Fifa officials should they look at that? They might have to justify their jobs when they get called in to look at these things are they are on huge money to do so, but does he deserve a suspension for that? No chance.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know