Ex-Norwich City midfielder in a spot of World Cup bother
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City player Robbie Brady is to be investigated for a possible headbutt during the Republic of Ireland’s World Cup qualifying win in Wales.
Fifa confirmed it is investigating whether Brady headbutted Wales defender Ashley Williams in the 61st minute – he was caught on camera flicking his forehead into the back of the Everton defender but it was missed by referee Damir Skomina.
If Brady is charged and found guilty, he could miss at least the first leg of their World Cup play-off next month.
Former Canary Craig Bellamy believes Brady – who left City for Burnley in January – should not face any retrospective action.
Bellamy said: “Honestly, do we really need to see replays of that, is it that big?”
You may also want to watch:
“Uefa or Fifa officials should they look at that? They might have to justify their jobs when they get called in to look at these things are they are on huge money to do so, but does he deserve a suspension for that? No chance.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 9 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries