“Exciting times, recruitment team on fire” – Norwich City fans react to signing of Christoph Zimmermann from Borussia Dortmund II
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The fourth signing of the off-season has been announced by Norwich City and supporters are welcoming news that it is a centre-back arriving.
Borussia Dortmund II centre-back Christoph Zimmermann is joining City’s new head coach Daniel Farke and assistant Eddie Riemer in making the switch from Germany.
The 24-year-old defender joins City as a free agent from Dortmund’s Under-23s side, where he was captain, and signs a two-year deal.
Sporting director Stuart Webber has set about revitalising the Canaries defence after a dreadful record of 69 conceded in 46 games last season, with just two Championship clubs conceding more goals, wasting the joint best attacking record in the division to finish outside the play-offs by 10 points.
Since new head coach Farke has arrived the signings of forward Marley Watkins and midfielder Mario Vrancic have been confirmed, as well as a season-long loan deal for keeper Angus Gunn.
You may also want to watch:
Zimmermann becomes the first centre-back to arrive though, with Farke’s contacts in Germany having been expected to prompt signings from his homeland this summer.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 2 Norwich City fans get kit help as Pukkimania sparks dash for Euros shirt
- 3 ‘Definitely was not easy’ - City striker on distressing win
- 4 'Amazing' ambition was key to Buendia's decision to choose Villa
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 6 WINDOW WATCH: The latest City transfer news and views
- 7 Denmark star 'stabilised' after collapsing during Euros game
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 'Pukki will be treated like Messi or Ronaldo''
- 10 A-Z: It's not going to get any easier for Brighton