Nickname: The Grecians
Year formed: 1904
Ground: St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX
You may also want to watch:
2008/09 average: 4,939
For visitors: 1,200 in the St James terrace
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
Position last season: 2nd in League Two
Manager: Paul Tisdale (June 2006)
Player to watch - Marcus Stewart: A lot rests on the shoulders of the veteran striker, after Exeter lost their best two players from last season's promotion campaign in Dean Moxey and Matt Gill. Despite his advancing years, Stewart is now 36, the wily frontman still poses a major goal threat for the Grecians and knows his way around League One.
Record transfer fee paid: �65,000 (Tony Kellow, Blackpool, 1980)
Record transfer fee received: �500,000 (Martin Phillips, Man City, 1995)
Ticket office: 01392 411 243
Official website: www.exetercityfc.co.uk
Distance: 317 miles
Journey time: 5 hrs, 26 mins
For directions to the ground go to www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/away-guide/Map.aspx
Pub: The Centre Spot is found inside St James' Park; and just 50 metres from the ground is the Wells Tavern, which features in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Other pubs include the Duke of York at 58 Sidwell Street, Exeter, EX4 6PH�; the Amber Rooms at 161 Sidwell Street, Exeter, EX4 6RH�; the Victoria Inn on 36 Victoria Street, Exeter, EX4 6JQ�; and the Brook Green Tavern at 31 Well Street, Exeter, EX4 6QL�.
Last league meeting: Exeter City 1, Norwich City 1 (15 August, 2009) This match was a definite non-event, giving fans still in a state of shock following the sacking of Bryan Gunn 24 hours earlier. Exeter were guilty of ball watching when they cleared Hoolahan's corner straight back to him. The midfielder accepted the invitation to pick his spot and found the head of Jens Berthel Askou, who nodded home from six yards. On the hour mark substitute Richard Logan got his first touch, poorly marked as he headed home Marcus Stewart's cross from the right - and it was all square.
City connection: Troy Archibald-Henville played 19 games on loan at Exeter from Spurs - having failed to kick a ball in anger during a season-long spell which City cut short.