FA Cup debut for Wymondham
Wymondham Ladies, buoyed by a fine win at the weekend, host Chelmsford in the team’s debut in the Women’s FA Cup on Sunday.
Kick-off is 2pm at King’s Head Meadow.
Wymondham Ladies’ good home form continued as they beat Waveney Ladies 4-0.
Wymondham started well and scored through Gemma Hamilton from a Woody corner and continued when Woody scored a penalty and then a right footed effort from 25 yards.
The defence was looking organised and the full backs of Sarah and Sophie especially made it very difficult for Waveney. Half time 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started slower than the first, but Wymondham were in full control and looking very dangerous on the counter attack and their final goal came from Gemma after a mix-up in Waveney’s defence led to Gemma tapping the ball into an empty net.
It was very pleaesing to see Wymondham make light work of getting three points with a very good team performance. Player of the match: Difficult when everybody played so well, but Sarah Knight didnt put a foot wrong in the whole game, impressing for the whole game.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit