FA Cup debut for Wymondham
Wymondham Ladies, buoyed by a fine win at the weekend, host Chelmsford in the team’s debut in the Women’s FA Cup on Sunday.
Kick-off is 2pm at King’s Head Meadow.
Wymondham Ladies’ good home form continued as they beat Waveney Ladies 4-0.
Wymondham started well and scored through Gemma Hamilton from a Woody corner and continued when Woody scored a penalty and then a right footed effort from 25 yards.
The defence was looking organised and the full backs of Sarah and Sophie especially made it very difficult for Waveney. Half time 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started slower than the first, but Wymondham were in full control and looking very dangerous on the counter attack and their final goal came from Gemma after a mix-up in Waveney’s defence led to Gemma tapping the ball into an empty net.
It was very pleaesing to see Wymondham make light work of getting three points with a very good team performance. Player of the match: Difficult when everybody played so well, but Sarah Knight didnt put a foot wrong in the whole game, impressing for the whole game.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 4 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 8 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes