‘Bring them on’ - City’s fans ready to hit the road again in FA Cup fifth round
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Seven of Norwich City’s last eight cup draws have been away from home, with the Canaries set to hit the road again for the FA Cup fifth round.
City will face Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur or Ralph Hassenhuttl's improving Southampton in the next round of the competition after beating fellow Premier League side Burnley in the fourth round on Saturday.
Goals from Grant Hanley and Josip Drmic helped City book their place in the fifth round for the first time since 2012, when Paul Lambert's side slipped to a 2-1 home shock to Leicester when the Foxes were in the Championship and City were on course to finish in mid-table in the Premier League.
Prior to that it was a 4-0 loss at Chelsea in 2007 when the Canaries last made the fifth round.
The Saints and Spurs drew 1-1 in the fourth round, with Sofiane Boufal's late equaliser forcing the tie to a replay in North London. Son Heung-Min opened the scoring for Spurs. The replay between the sides will be played in February at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the reaction to the draw from City fans above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City