‘Bring them on’ - City’s fans ready to hit the road again in FA Cup fifth round
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Seven of Norwich City’s last eight cup draws have been away from home, with the Canaries set to hit the road again for the FA Cup fifth round.
City will face Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur or Ralph Hassenhuttl's improving Southampton in the next round of the competition after beating fellow Premier League side Burnley in the fourth round on Saturday.
Goals from Grant Hanley and Josip Drmic helped City book their place in the fifth round for the first time since 2012, when Paul Lambert's side slipped to a 2-1 home shock to Leicester when the Foxes were in the Championship and City were on course to finish in mid-table in the Premier League.
Prior to that it was a 4-0 loss at Chelsea in 2007 when the Canaries last made the fifth round.
The Saints and Spurs drew 1-1 in the fourth round, with Sofiane Boufal's late equaliser forcing the tie to a replay in North London. Son Heung-Min opened the scoring for Spurs. The replay between the sides will be played in February at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the reaction to the draw from City fans above and below
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion