STARTING XIs: Pukki returns for City as United make eight changes for FA Cup clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is one of three attacking players returning to Norwich City’s starting XI for this evening’s FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester United, who have made eight changes.
Pukki, Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia return for Norwich after featuring as substitutes during Wednesday’s loss to Everton, in place of Onel Hernandez, Ondrej Duda and Josip Drmic - with kick-off at Carrow Road at 5.30pm.
The Canaries have endured a difficult spell since the Premier League season resumed, losing back-to-back home games, 3-0 to Southampton and 1-0 to Everton, to leave them on course for an immediate return to the Championship.
That’s without injured defenders Grant Hanley (hamstring), Christoph Zimmermann (back and hamstring) and Sam Byram (hamstring), all of whom are not expected to feature again during this season.
Prior to the season being suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic however they had beaten Tottenham in a penalty shoot-out in the FA Cup fifth round - to set up the club’s first quarter-final appearance since 1992.
OPPOSITION VIEW: United have hit the ground running since restart
You may also want to watch:
United make eight changes to their team, with Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial all starting on the bench.
The visitors have enjoyed a positive return to action this month, drawing 1-1 at Tottenham and then beating Sheffield United 3-0 at Old Trafford on Wednesday thanks to an Martial hat-trick.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad beat Wolves, Tranmere and Derby in the earlier rounds of the competition and have already completed a league double over Norwich, winning 3-1 at Carrow Road and 4-0 at home.
CITY (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Rupp, Buendia, Cantwell; Pukki Subs: McGovern (GK), Vrancic, Leitner, Stiepermann, Trybull, Hernandez, Duda, Drmic, Idah
UNITED (4-2-3-1): Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Maguire (C), Shaw; McTominay, Fred; Mata, Fernandez, Lingard; Ighalo Subs: De Gea (GK), Fosu-Mensah, Williams, Andreas, Matic, Pogba, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford
REFEREE: Jonathan Moss (West Yorkshire)
VAR: Simon Hooper (Wiltshire)