STARTING XIs: Pukki returns for City as United make eight changes for FA Cup clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is one of three attacking players returning to Norwich City’s starting XI for this evening’s FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester United, who have made eight changes.
Pukki, Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia return for Norwich after featuring as substitutes during Wednesday’s loss to Everton, in place of Onel Hernandez, Ondrej Duda and Josip Drmic - with kick-off at Carrow Road at 5.30pm.
The Canaries have endured a difficult spell since the Premier League season resumed, losing back-to-back home games, 3-0 to Southampton and 1-0 to Everton, to leave them on course for an immediate return to the Championship.
That’s without injured defenders Grant Hanley (hamstring), Christoph Zimmermann (back and hamstring) and Sam Byram (hamstring), all of whom are not expected to feature again during this season.
Prior to the season being suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic however they had beaten Tottenham in a penalty shoot-out in the FA Cup fifth round - to set up the club’s first quarter-final appearance since 1992.
OPPOSITION VIEW: United have hit the ground running since restart
You may also want to watch:
United make eight changes to their team, with Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial all starting on the bench.
The visitors have enjoyed a positive return to action this month, drawing 1-1 at Tottenham and then beating Sheffield United 3-0 at Old Trafford on Wednesday thanks to an Martial hat-trick.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 6 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 8 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad beat Wolves, Tranmere and Derby in the earlier rounds of the competition and have already completed a league double over Norwich, winning 3-1 at Carrow Road and 4-0 at home.
CITY (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Rupp, Buendia, Cantwell; Pukki Subs: McGovern (GK), Vrancic, Leitner, Stiepermann, Trybull, Hernandez, Duda, Drmic, Idah
UNITED (4-2-3-1): Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Maguire (C), Shaw; McTominay, Fred; Mata, Fernandez, Lingard; Ighalo Subs: De Gea (GK), Fosu-Mensah, Williams, Andreas, Matic, Pogba, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford
REFEREE: Jonathan Moss (West Yorkshire)
VAR: Simon Hooper (Wiltshire)