Fab fightback from Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies put in a superb all-round performance on Sunday by coming back from 3-1 down at half time to win 4-3 against a strong Fakenham Town team.
They started the game against the strong wind but this did not hold them back as they created chances and should have been well ahead before Fran Pasque, on her return to playing, finally forced the ball home at the second attempt.
But after this they allowed Fakenham too much room and paid the penalty by letting the powerful Fakenham forwards run at them and score twice and then conceded another from a tight angled drive to go in 3-1 down.
Bungay changed a few positions at half-time and this pushed Fakenham back and from a quick break Michelle Stanborough was on hand to drive powerfully home.
Bungay continued to keep Fakenham pinned back with Sian Carter back to her best at centre-back, and with Emily Robbins now keeping the Fakenham forward quiet they equalised when full-back Leo Daulby ran on to a loose ball and blasted home from 25 yards.
You may also want to watch:
More changes to the team brought Bungay the winner when Leo Daulb,y now at striker, ran on to a through ball to calmly beat the keeper to give Bungay a much-deserved win.
Bungay player of the match: Sian Carter.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling