Fakenham Ladies Reserves impress
Fakenham Ladies Reserves went into their match with UEA, who have yet to be beaten this season, bouyed by some excellent recent performances.
Fakenham started nervously and found themselves on the backfoot against a speedy UEA front line. After 20 minutes Fakenham found themselves a goal down but struck back five minutes later when Kelly Adcock, who was again having an excellent game, fed the ball through to Sam King who used her pace to get in behind the UEA defence and cooly slot the ball past the advancing keeper.
This form of attack was proving to be productive for Fakenham and they could easily have added a couple of goals before half-time as King was using her speed and strength to great effect.
The second half started with Fakenham showing belief that they could win this game and although UEA were perhaps enjoying the lions share of possession, Fakenham were having the better chances.
Fakenham were welcoming Aimee Brown back into the team after illness and she showed glimpses that she was getting back to fitness, with Emma Weller also improving at full-back there will be great competition for places in the weeks to come.
On 70 minutes UEA grabbed a second goal but back came Town again and they grabbed a well-deserved equaliser.
Town now enjoyed their best spell of the game and carved out a number of chances which they couldn’t take. On 85 minutes UEA got what proved to be the decisive goal.
- 1 'Such an odd game' - City fans react to Huddersfield win
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries lodge loan bid for Metz left-back
- 3 Smith delivers upbeat Pukki bulletin after Sargent inspires City win
- 4 CANARIES 2 TERRIERS 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 5 Upward mobility in reach for City chief
- 6 Follow live updates of Norwich City v Huddersfield Town
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki misses out for City
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: City 2-1 Huddersfield
- 9 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 10 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
Rather than heads dropping, Fakenham continued to drive on and were denied two claims for penalties.
Final score: 3-2 to UEA. PoM: Sam King, two goals and led the line superbly.