Fakenham Ladies Reserves impress
Fakenham Ladies Reserves went into their match with UEA, who have yet to be beaten this season, bouyed by some excellent recent performances.
Fakenham started nervously and found themselves on the backfoot against a speedy UEA front line. After 20 minutes Fakenham found themselves a goal down but struck back five minutes later when Kelly Adcock, who was again having an excellent game, fed the ball through to Sam King who used her pace to get in behind the UEA defence and cooly slot the ball past the advancing keeper.
This form of attack was proving to be productive for Fakenham and they could easily have added a couple of goals before half-time as King was using her speed and strength to great effect.
The second half started with Fakenham showing belief that they could win this game and although UEA were perhaps enjoying the lions share of possession, Fakenham were having the better chances.
Fakenham were welcoming Aimee Brown back into the team after illness and she showed glimpses that she was getting back to fitness, with Emma Weller also improving at full-back there will be great competition for places in the weeks to come.
You may also want to watch:
On 70 minutes UEA grabbed a second goal but back came Town again and they grabbed a well-deserved equaliser.
Town now enjoyed their best spell of the game and carved out a number of chances which they couldn’t take. On 85 minutes UEA got what proved to be the decisive goal.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 7 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 8 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
- 9 MY TOP FIVE: The crucial moments of City's promotion success
- 10 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
Rather than heads dropping, Fakenham continued to drive on and were denied two claims for penalties.
Final score: 3-2 to UEA. PoM: Sam King, two goals and led the line superbly.