“This run just epitomises how good Alex Tettey is” – Canaries fans hoping break will ease injury issues after defeat at Bolton
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
The prospect of a two-week break is being welcomed by Norwich City supporters this evening, after seeing their side crash to a humbling 2-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers.
Two goals in the space of five minutes from Gary Madine and Adam Armstrong towards the end of the first half gave the hosts enough of an advantage to survive a late rally from the disappointing Canaries.
Josh Murphy came off the bench and provided some spark but couldn’t find the net until the last of our added minutes, firing a fine left-footed strike into the top-right corner to grab a late consolation.
It meant a third successive defeat for Daniel Farke’s team in the Championship and a fourth in all competitions if the extra-time loss at Arsenal in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup is considered.
The defeat has seen the Canaries slip to 12th in the table but only three points adrift of the top six going into the international break.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the initial reaction above
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest