“This run just epitomises how good Alex Tettey is” – Canaries fans hoping break will ease injury issues after defeat at Bolton
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
The prospect of a two-week break is being welcomed by Norwich City supporters this evening, after seeing their side crash to a humbling 2-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers.
Two goals in the space of five minutes from Gary Madine and Adam Armstrong towards the end of the first half gave the hosts enough of an advantage to survive a late rally from the disappointing Canaries.
Josh Murphy came off the bench and provided some spark but couldn’t find the net until the last of our added minutes, firing a fine left-footed strike into the top-right corner to grab a late consolation.
It meant a third successive defeat for Daniel Farke’s team in the Championship and a fourth in all competitions if the extra-time loss at Arsenal in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup is considered.
The defeat has seen the Canaries slip to 12th in the table but only three points adrift of the top six going into the international break.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the initial reaction above
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 4 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 9 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat