“This run just epitomises how good Alex Tettey is” – Canaries fans hoping break will ease injury issues after defeat at Bolton
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
The prospect of a two-week break is being welcomed by Norwich City supporters this evening, after seeing their side crash to a humbling 2-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers.
Two goals in the space of five minutes from Gary Madine and Adam Armstrong towards the end of the first half gave the hosts enough of an advantage to survive a late rally from the disappointing Canaries.
Josh Murphy came off the bench and provided some spark but couldn’t find the net until the last of our added minutes, firing a fine left-footed strike into the top-right corner to grab a late consolation.
It meant a third successive defeat for Daniel Farke’s team in the Championship and a fourth in all competitions if the extra-time loss at Arsenal in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup is considered.
The defeat has seen the Canaries slip to 12th in the table but only three points adrift of the top six going into the international break.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the initial reaction above
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City