Alex Neil will bring power of positive thinking on return to Carrow Road
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Preston North End fan Keith Day gives us his thoughts ahead of Saturday’s game at Carrow Road
Q So, what do you think of Alex Neil then?
A He’s a good manager who seems very tactically aware. He encourages his players to play the kind of football the fans like to see: positive and attacking football.
Q Do you think he will have your players especially pumped up for this game?
A I think the players are always pumped up and ready to give a match their best. But I think confidence will be particularly high following their win mid-week.
You may also want to watch:
Q You needed that win at Bristol City after a poor run – what happened?
A The big change that has happened is that we are starting to get players back after a spate of injuries which left the squad depleted. It’s no coincidence that the win against Bristol City came after we got a lot of our first choice players back.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
Q The January transfer window isn’t far away – what do you need?
A The most important thing is to keep hold of the best players we have. Then it’s about using that as a building block to strengthen any positions that are weaker.
Q Of both teams on view today, who has the best chance of being in the top six come next May?
A I’ve not seen much of Norwich this season but with the funding they have, you would expect them to have the better chance. However, Preston North End have exceeded expectations so far this season and I expect them to carry on with this winning form and feel confident they stand a good chance of being in the top six.
Q Who should City look out for this afternoon?
A I’m sure the player they will most likely be keeping a close eye on is our leading goalscorer Jordan Hugill. But while Norwich are watching him, it will give someone else the chance to steal the spotlight!
Q And which City player do you think Alex Neil will want his players about?
A I think Alex Neil will be playing to his own team’s strengths and encouraging them to keep all the opposition on their toes rather than focusing on any individual players.
Q And finally, a forecast please!
A Being an optimist, I go to every Preston North End match believing they will win. But if I am to look at this match as a realist, I would probably predict a 2-2 draw.