Huge fan Daniel Farke is out to shock ‘legend’ Arsene Wenger
- Credit: PA
Daniel Farke has labelled Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger a ‘legend’ but Norwich City’s head coach is out to claim the Frenchman’s scalp in Tuesday’s last-16 League Cup tie.
Wenger has plenty of critics among his own fan base these days, after failing to land a Premier League crown since 2004, but the 68-year-old has built an astonishing legacy over two decades at the Gunners.
“He is a legend,” said Farke. “He has been unbelievably successful and he has unbelievable experience as a coach. In terms of the coaching education in Germany he is always like a role model. I am full of respect for his work and his career. I would appreciate just to stay half as long as he has here at Norwich City. He is a role model, an idol and I am full of respect for him. It will be the first time I have met him on a personal level.
“I always admired him and liked his way of thinking about football and his philosophy. I like his teams and the way they play. Arsenal, five or six years ago in the way they played was a role model for many coaches.
“I don’t want to go too deep in praising him or his club. I am full of respect. It is great to be allowed to have such a massive game against a legend of a coach but I am not concentrated on meeting Arsene Wenger on Tuesday. I am concentrated on bringing the best result back for Norwich City and creating problems to beat them.
You may also want to watch:
“I am not focused on shaking hands but giving them a successful game. You can be sure on Tuesday we will be rebellious and brave and we want to beat them.”
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 10 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff