‘If we finish the season and we just would risk one life and one human being then we shouldn’t do this’ - City boss
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke says Norwich City must be given every chance to try and achieve their “little miracle” – but not at the cost of a life.
The Canaries Premier League relegation battle and bid for FA Cup glory is on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic.
But while a number of scenarios for finishing the season have been mooted, none has been set in stone.
City are bottom of the Premier League and reportedly one of a number of clubs opposed to resuming the season, in the hope it would save them from relegation.
But Farke says he wants the chance to fight on.
You may also want to watch:
“For us we deserve to work on our little miracle and stay in this league,” said City’s head coach. “We also have a great chance in the FA Cup and we deserve our chance to try to win this competition.
“My general attitude is we should try everything to finish the season, but if it’s the situation we can save, with not finishing the season, just one life, we need to do this because all the money and all the good mood and all the fairness aspects are not important when it’s about the life of a human being at risk and if we finish the season and we just would risk one life and one human being then we shouldn’t do this.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
“That is my general attitude - let’s try everything to do this because out of many reasons we should do this, but without risking any health or any life of a human being.
“It is not up to me to find the right decision, it is up really to the people who have the knowledge about this.”
Farke, speaking to Sky Sports, said he believed runaway leaders Liverpool should have the right to finish their season and win the Premier League title.
He said: “I totally trust the key people and the Premier League and the people who have to make the decisions, not easy decisions, difficult ones because there are advantages and disadvantages with each and every scenario and when I think about, for example, Liverpool, I think for their great work they deserve the chance to win the title and a team like Sheffield United they deserve to have the chance to fight for Europe after a great season.”