Norwich City chief Daniel Farke warns of a Carrow Road ram raid
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Canaries’ head coach Daniel Farke fears Derby County will look to burst Norwich City’s Championship bubble after a gruelling week.
City made it eight unbeaten in the league to take Ipswich Town’s scalp last weekend, before a battling League Cup extra-time defeat at Arsenal pushed his depleted squad to the limit.
Farke knows a streetwise Derby will look to cash in on any tired legs after Gary Rowett’s squad had the luxury of a full week to prepare for their Carrow Road trip.
“The game is probably the most difficult before the international break,” he said. “The load has been incredible this week. Some players played a lot of minutes so we have to think about rotating again. We have got a lot of compliments in the past two games. That makes it a dangerous situation because the guys need to focus again.
“Derby have a very experienced squad and are one of the teams fighting for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
“We need our supporters to be patient. We need them to be there for is in difficult situations within the game. Hopefully we can win the points but it will be a hard test. I expect Derby will concentrate on defending and counter-actions. We need 100 per cent concentration to get the points.
“We’re looking forward to it and want to win.”
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries