Norwich City chief Daniel Farke warns of a Carrow Road ram raid
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Canaries’ head coach Daniel Farke fears Derby County will look to burst Norwich City’s Championship bubble after a gruelling week.
City made it eight unbeaten in the league to take Ipswich Town’s scalp last weekend, before a battling League Cup extra-time defeat at Arsenal pushed his depleted squad to the limit.
Farke knows a streetwise Derby will look to cash in on any tired legs after Gary Rowett’s squad had the luxury of a full week to prepare for their Carrow Road trip.
“The game is probably the most difficult before the international break,” he said. “The load has been incredible this week. Some players played a lot of minutes so we have to think about rotating again. We have got a lot of compliments in the past two games. That makes it a dangerous situation because the guys need to focus again.
“Derby have a very experienced squad and are one of the teams fighting for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
“We need our supporters to be patient. We need them to be there for is in difficult situations within the game. Hopefully we can win the points but it will be a hard test. I expect Derby will concentrate on defending and counter-actions. We need 100 per cent concentration to get the points.
“We’re looking forward to it and want to win.”
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland