Farke’s parkas put City boss top of the Premier League fashion table
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City may have spent much of their season in a relegation battle but head coach Daniel Farke is top of the table when it comes to the fashion sense of Premier League bosses.
That’s according to ESPN, who have filled some of their lockdown void during football’s coronavirus suspension by ranking the English top flight’s managers based on their sartorial style.
It’s the Canaries’ first overseas boss who tops the table ahead of Manchester City’s superstar manager Pep Guardiola in the fashion department, with the 43-year-old German’s distinctive dress sense repeating the on-pitch victory from September, when Farke’s team triumphed over the reigning champions with a shock 3-2 win.
“Top of the ranking is Daniel Farke, who is never not in a parka and as this is being written there is the realisation that Farke’s Parkas is a clothing brand that absolutely needs to launch,” writes Jim Daly for the UK website of US sports media giants ESPN.
“With his skinny black jeans, sneakers and big overcoat, he looks more like the bassist from a German prog rock band that had a few hits in the ‘90s and are now considering re-forming and touring because they need the money.
“It’s fair to say, though, he is easily the coolest manager in the Premier League and deservedly takes the number one spot here.”
In third place was the classy look of Everton’s Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti but bottom of the table is Sheffield United’s Chris Wilder for his simple tracksuit attire, a man who Norwich fans have enjoyed something of a love-hate relationship with.
You may also want to watch:
However with the Blades flying high in seventh place after a superb return to the top flight, after finishing second behind Norwich in the Championship last season, it’s safe to assume Wilder will not care in the slightest.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 6 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 7 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion