Fears allayed over Drury
Nigel Worthington for once received a spot of bright news from the treatment room as fears over Adam Drury's knee injury eased today. The popular full-back twisted his right knee in training on Friday and missed Saturday's 3-2 home defeat by Watford.
City boss Nigel Worthington for once received a spot of bright news from the treatment room as fears over Adam Drury's knee injury eased today.
The popular full-back twisted his right knee in training on Friday and missed Saturday's 3-2 Coca-Cola Championship home defeat by Watford.
Afterwards, Worthington confirmed that Drury was due to see a specialist in order to assess the extent of the injury.
Given Norwich's wretched record on that front this season, it was all too easy to fear that the Canary defender would join the list of long-term injured littering up Neal Reynolds' treatment room.
You may also want to watch:
Today, however, such fears were allayed by Reynolds himself.
“At the moment we are just continuing to monitor it but it's nothing serious,” said Reynolds, prompting a collective sign of relief from all concerned.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 8 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
“It's settling down really quickly and we'll just see how it goes over the next couple of days,” he added.