Feltwell United stretch lead to six points

Division One leaders Feltwell United travelled to Shipdham and won 3-1 to stretch their lead at the top to six points as third-placed Dereham Town A were beaten 2-0 at Tacolneston.

Gressenhall beat Thetford Rovers Reserves at home by the odd goal of three Northwold S&SC ran out 2-0 winners at Swaffham Town A. The bottom two met and honours were even with Rockland United and Narborough scoring one apiece.

There was a depleted programme in Division Two which left leaders Castle Acre Swifts without a game. North Elmham took advantage by beating Sporle 5-4 to leapfrog above them into second spot. Fourth-placed Yaxham were held to a 3-3 draw at Methwold Rovers while Necton made no improvement on their fifth place, being beaten 4-1 by Thurton & Ashby. In the other match, Cockers went down to an 8-1 defeat at the hands of Breckland Wanderers.

Division Three leaders Scarning United recorded a 4-1 win at Stoke Ferry to move four points clear at the top of the table as a result of second-placed Bawdeswell dropping two points in a 3-3 draw at Wendling. Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves beat Mattishall A 5-0 and move up to third place. Bottom team Narborough Reserves recorded their first win of the season, beating neighbours Marham Wanderers by the odd goal of five while Colkirk move slightly away from the danger zone by beating Rockland United Reserves 3-1. Splitz United won 4-1 at Great Cressingham and Tugas United ran out 2-0 winners at Hingham Athletic Reserves.

The top two in Division Four both won - leaders Watton United A got home by the only goal of the game against Tacolneston Reserves while Litcham ran out 6-0 home winners over Shipdham Reserves. Third-placed Shropham United Reserves were held to a 1-1 home draw by Dereham Cockers United and Yaxham Reserves in fourth spot suffered a heavy 9-1 defeat at North Elmham Reserves. Methwold Rovers Reserves won 5-2 at Beetley United while Nostro Reserves were 2-1 home winners over Weasenham Wanderers.

You may also want to watch:

The last match in the fifth round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup was played on Saturday and Morley Village turned in an outstanding performance to completely outclass Bridgham United with four goals in each half to given themselves an 8-0 victory. They will now travel to Litcham on March 24 for their semi-final tie.

In the last Dick Davey Ambulance Cup second Round match, Saham Toney Reserves had a comfortable 6-1 win at Rampant Horse. The first match in the Fen Regis Invitation Shield was played and Walsingham United beat Castle Acre Swifts Reserves by the odd goal of seven in Group A.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter