Fifa 18 ratings place Norwich City stars Wes Hoolahan and Timm Klose among the Championship’s top players
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
He may be 35 years old but the magic feet of Wes Hoolahan have still seen the talented Irish playmaker ranked among the top players in the Championship for the new edition of the popular Fifa video game series.
The Republic of Ireland international – in his 10th season as a Canaries player – and Switzerland international centre-back Timm Klose are the only players in the City squad to be given a gold rating.
Hoolahan has made 328 appearances for Norwich – placing him 21st in the club’s all-time list – since joining from Blackpool in 2008, scoring 53 goals, but has only started six of City’s 13 matches so far this season.
The players rated highest overall in the Championship in Fifa 18 are former Chelsea and England defender John Terry following his summer move to Aston Villa, tied on a 78 rating with Birmingham midfielder Cheikh N’Doye and Wolves midfielder Alfred N’Diaye.
Hoolahan is in the next group rated at 77, including Tom Cairney of Fulham and Ruben Neves of Wolves, and Klose is in the group rated 76, including Robert Snodgrass of Villa and Pontus Jansson of Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
The EA Sports scouts have rated Yanic Wildschut and Marley Watkins as the fastest players in the Norwich squad, at 83 out of 100, just ahead of Josh Murphy and Ivo Pinto on 82.
Nelson Oliveira is rated the best finisher with 75 for shooting, ahead of Cameron Jerome (73) and Steven Naismith (71), while Hoolahan is rated the best passer at 76, above Mario Vrancic (72) and Alex Pritchard (71).
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
It is very even between goalkeepers Michael McGovern and Angus Gunn though, both rated at 68 overall but with similar attribute ratings, McGovern rated 69 for diving and 69 for reflexes, with Gunn rated 67 and 70 respectively.
The highest rated player in Ipswich Town’s squad is goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski (73), ahead of experienced forward David McGoldrick (72).
The game’s top player overall is Real Madrid and Portugal icon Cristiano Ronaldo (94), ahead of Barcelona and Argentina hero Lionel Messi (93) and three players tied on 92: PSG’s mega-money summer signing Neymar, Barcelona star Luis Suarez and Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
• Fifa 18 is released nationwide tomorrow, the demo can be played at easports.com/uk/fifa, where the game can also be pre-ordered
NCFC Fifa 18 overall ratings
77 – Wes Hoolahan
76 – Timm Klose
74 – Nelson Oliveira
73 – Alex Tettey, Steven Naismith, Ivo Pinto, Grant Hanley, Alex Pritchard
72 – Russell Martin, Cameron Jerome, Mario Vrancic
71 – Marcel Franke
70 – Matt Jarvis, Christoph Zimmermann
69 – Marley Watkins, Marco Stiepermann, Yanic Wildschut, Harrison Reed, James Maddison
68 – Angus Gunn (GK), Michael McGovern (GK)
67 – Josh Murphy
66 – Tom Trybull, Louis Thompson
65 – James Husband
64 – Paul Jones (GK)
60 – Remi Matthews (GK)
Championship Fifa 18 overall ratings
78 – John Terry (Aston Villa), Cheikh N’Doye (Birmingham), Alfred N’Diaye (Wolves)
77 – Wes Hoolahan (Norwich), Curtis Davies (Derby), Lee Cattermole (Sunderland), Rui Fonte (Fulham), Martin Braithwaite (Boro), Tom Cairney (Fulham), Ruben Neves (Wolves), Diogo Jota (Wolves)
76 – Rob Snodgrass (Aston Villa), Kamil Grosicki (Hull), Lamine Kone (Sunderland), Pontus Jansson (Leeds), Timm Klose (Norwich), Romain Saiss (Wolves), Helder Costa (Wolves)