Fine finale for Bunwell
Bunwell Ladies 4, Mulbarton Belles 3
FOOTBALL: The women’s seven-a-side League Cup final marked the end of a great season for Bunwell Ladies.
Captain Rebecca Humphries led by example, chasing every loose ball and tackling tirelessly.
Early in the first half following some fine passing football throughout the team Laura Hudson produced some quick skill on the ball to pick a diagonal pass to Sherral Williamson, who converted with style from six yards.
Five minutes before the end of the first half Williamson netted again to put Bunwell two up. In the second half Mulbarton clawed a goal back, and then levelled the score.
You may also want to watch:
After extra time, penalties were converted by Williamson, Lucy Kean, Toni Glover and Cara Skinner giving Bunwell the victory 4-3 following a well-fought final from both sides.
Keeper Skinner deserves a special mention for the two saves in the shoot-out and then stepping up to score the final penalty.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut