Fine finale for Bunwell
Bunwell Ladies 4, Mulbarton Belles 3
FOOTBALL: The women’s seven-a-side League Cup final marked the end of a great season for Bunwell Ladies.
Captain Rebecca Humphries led by example, chasing every loose ball and tackling tirelessly.
Early in the first half following some fine passing football throughout the team Laura Hudson produced some quick skill on the ball to pick a diagonal pass to Sherral Williamson, who converted with style from six yards.
Five minutes before the end of the first half Williamson netted again to put Bunwell two up. In the second half Mulbarton clawed a goal back, and then levelled the score.
You may also want to watch:
After extra time, penalties were converted by Williamson, Lucy Kean, Toni Glover and Cara Skinner giving Bunwell the victory 4-3 following a well-fought final from both sides.
Keeper Skinner deserves a special mention for the two saves in the shoot-out and then stepping up to score the final penalty.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 3 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 4 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 8 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes