Firside teach new boys a lesson
Firside Athletic 3, Heigham Park 0: The first half saw Firside putting pressure on new boys Heigham, if Firside wanted to stay near the top this season they will have to create more goals than ever as this is going to be a tough season with some good teams.
Firside Athletic 3, Heigham Park 0
THE first half saw Firside putting pressure on new boys Heigham, if Firside wanted to stay near the top this season they will have to create more goals than ever as this is going to be a tough season with some good teams.
Some good defending by J Cork, L Wardale and J Hill left very little for keeper K Duffin to do and good crosses from K Flood and K Rush set up C Flack for his first half hat-trick.
The second half saw a more settled Heigham and some good tackling managed to keep Firside quite even, though the game could have ended seven or eight nil. Man of the match: L Wardale.
You may also want to watch:
Firside Athletic 2, Drayton 0
THIS was a much tighter affair and it took nine minutes for the first goal when captain K Flood scored his first of the season. After a big kick from keeper K Duffin the ball found K Flood again to give him his second of the day. Drayton nearly managed to pull one back before half-time but were denied by a good save from Firside's number one, K Duffin.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
The second half was more end-to-end and Drayton had as many chances as Firside and both keepers had to be called on more. Firside's defence of J Cork, J Hill and L Wardale continued to push balls up to C Flack, K Rush and K Flood who hit every part of the post and when subs J Turner and B Peters came on they both had good efforts turned away.
This was a very exciting start to the season and we hope the quality of all the players will remain as good. Firside are top of the league with a goal difference of one so the competition is very close.