VOTE: Canaries striker Pukki competing with Manchester City stars after first award nomination of the season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki’s superb start to life in the Premier League has earned the Norwich City striker an early award nomination, which now goes to an online vote.
The Finland international has been nominated for the Professional Footballers' Association Fans' Player of the Month award for the top flight in August.
The 29-year-old former Celtic and Schalke forward is competing with Manchester City stars Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne for votes, sitting tied with Sterling on five goals as the Premier League's top scorer ahead of this weekend's action.
Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount and Aston Villa defender Tyrone Mings - who have both been named in the latest England squad - and Burnley forward Ashley Barnes are the other players nominated.
Pukki has scored five of City's six goals so far and set up Todd Cantwell for the one he didn't score. The Finn enjoyed a host of award success during his 30-goal previous season, being named Championship Player of the Season after winning the division's golden boot and being voted Player of the Season by Canaries fans.
You may also want to watch:
- Voting has started and will remain open until 8am on Monday. You can cast your vote above.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit