VOTE: Canaries striker Pukki competing with Manchester City stars after first award nomination of the season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki’s superb start to life in the Premier League has earned the Norwich City striker an early award nomination, which now goes to an online vote.
The Finland international has been nominated for the Professional Footballers' Association Fans' Player of the Month award for the top flight in August.
The 29-year-old former Celtic and Schalke forward is competing with Manchester City stars Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne for votes, sitting tied with Sterling on five goals as the Premier League's top scorer ahead of this weekend's action.
Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount and Aston Villa defender Tyrone Mings - who have both been named in the latest England squad - and Burnley forward Ashley Barnes are the other players nominated.
Pukki has scored five of City's six goals so far and set up Todd Cantwell for the one he didn't score. The Finn enjoyed a host of award success during his 30-goal previous season, being named Championship Player of the Season after winning the division's golden boot and being voted Player of the Season by Canaries fans.
You may also want to watch:
- Voting has started and will remain open until 8am on Monday. You can cast your vote above.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest