VOTE: Canaries striker Pukki competing with Manchester City stars after first award nomination of the season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki’s superb start to life in the Premier League has earned the Norwich City striker an early award nomination, which now goes to an online vote.
The Finland international has been nominated for the Professional Footballers' Association Fans' Player of the Month award for the top flight in August.
The 29-year-old former Celtic and Schalke forward is competing with Manchester City stars Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne for votes, sitting tied with Sterling on five goals as the Premier League's top scorer ahead of this weekend's action.
Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount and Aston Villa defender Tyrone Mings - who have both been named in the latest England squad - and Burnley forward Ashley Barnes are the other players nominated.
Pukki has scored five of City's six goals so far and set up Todd Cantwell for the one he didn't score. The Finn enjoyed a host of award success during his 30-goal previous season, being named Championship Player of the Season after winning the division's golden boot and being voted Player of the Season by Canaries fans.
You may also want to watch:
- Voting has started and will remain open until 8am on Monday. You can cast your vote above.
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 4 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 7 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief
- 10 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City