First defeat for league leaders
CENTRAL & SOUTH NORFOLK LEAGUE: Division One early leaders Bunwell suffered their first defeat on their visit to neighbours Tacolneston. Although Bunwell started the stronger and established a 3-1 half-time lead, an excellent revival from Tacolneston, coupled with a missed penalty for Bunwell, saw the hosts edge ahead to record a 4-3 win.
Division One early leaders Bunwell suffered their first defeat on their visit to neighbours Tacolneston. Although Bunwell started the stronger and established a 3-1 half-time lead, an excellent revival from Tacolneston, coupled with a missed penalty for Bunwell, saw the hosts edge ahead to record a 4-3 win.
Swaffham Town A won by the same scoreline at Hingham Athletic to preserve their 100 percent record. Great Ryburgh, in their first match since their return to the league took a point from a 1-1 draw with Rockland Utd and Thetford Rovers Res also got off to a winning start with a 4-0 win at Cranworth. Bridgham Utd secured their first points with a 1-0 home win over Shipdham and Narborough did likewise, beating Cockers by the odd goal of three.
Most of the teams in the lower three divisions of the league were involved in the opening rounds of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition. However, in Division Two, Castle Acre Swifts won 4-2 at Necton while, in Division Three, Thurton & Ashby got off to a winning start with a 6-2 home win over Great Cressingham.
In the first round matches in the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, there were big wins for North Elmham who beat Saham Toney Res 9-1 and for Nostro Res who netted 14 against Dereham Cockers Utd without reply. Their first team also won, beating Beetley Utd 3-1 and Shropham Utd made it a quartet of home winners, beating Breckland Wanderers 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
In the second round, the biggest winners were Feltwell Utd who won 11-2 at Tacolneston Res, Yaxham who netted seven at Hingham Athletic Res without reply and Bawdeswell who won 7-3 at Marham Wanderers. Colkirk won their local derby at Rampant Horse 4-1 and Morley Village won by the odd goal of three at Hethersett Athletic. Mattishall A won by the only goal of the game at home to North Elmham Res, Northwold S&SC beat Shropham Utd Res 5-0 and Tugas Utd won 4-1 at Stoke Ferry.
Methwold Rovers had a 2-0 home win over West End, Wymondham Town A won by the same score at Splitz Utd and Gressenhall Res won 2-1 after extra time at Narborough Res. Scarning Utd beat Rockland Utd Res 4-2, Sporle proved too strong for newcomers Diss Town A, beating them by the odd goal of five and other newcomers Weasenham Wanderers went down 5-0 at home to Wendling.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City