Norwich City loan watch: First start for Adshead in Holland
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Adshead started Telstar’s first league game of the season in the second tier, with the Norwich City midfielder helping his loan club make a positive start.
The 18-year-old, who made 25 appearances for Rochdale before joining City in 2019, played the opening 79 minutes of a 2-2 home draw with Volendam, who were in the promotion mix in the Eerste Divisie last season.
The England Under-19 international wasn’t playing alongside Canaries colleague Sebastian Soto though, with the US striker not in the match-day squad.
Elsewhere, defender Rocky Bushiri played the full 90 minutes as Mechelen lost 1-0 at Gent, who were runners-up in the Belgian top flight last season to reach the Champions League third qualifying round.
Isak Thorvaldsson was also straight into action for IA Akranes in Iceland, after cutting short his stint in Scotland with St Mirren, playing the opening 81 minutes of a 4-1 defeat at KR Reykjavik on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-season finished with a 2-2 draw against Premier League new boys Fulham for MK Dons, with Carlton Morris playing the opening hour and his cross leading to the opening goal, but Louis Thompson was not involved.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Farke, Frankfurt and the future