Fisk fires against Gunners
Arsenal Res 2, Norwich City Res 2: Andrew Fisk celebrated the news of his first professional contract with the Canaries when he netted a memorable goal after just three minutes in last night's reserve team fixture against Arsenal at Barnet's Underhill Stadium.
Barclays Premiership Reserve League South
Arsenal Reserves 2, Norwich City Reserves 2
Andrew Fisk celebrated the news of his first professional contract with the Canaries when he netted a memorable goal after just three minutes in last night's reserve team fixture against Arsenal at Barnet's Underhill Stadium. Despite Keith Webb's side taking the early lead against the Gunners they found themselves 2-1 down before the break as Arsenal stepped up the pace with two goals in a minute, the first a quickly taken free kick from Sebasian Larssen and less than 60 seconds later Fabrice Muamba ran onto a back header to slot the ball past Paul Gallagher.
City playing with the advantage of the famous Underhill slope were guilty of squandering two good half chances, the first inside the first minute when Ryan Jarvis fired wide of the target after brother Rossi had put him through. Michael Spillane fresh from his recent Republic of Ireland appearances did well to steal the ball in midfield but his final touch let him down when his effort glanced the outside of the post.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Arsenal threatened to run away with the game but to their credit City stood firm and they might have pulled level through Ryan Jarvis with a shot just wide of the far post while moments later Arsenal keeper Vito Mannone had to make a smart save down to his right to deny the City striker after some good build up play by City substitute Robert Eagle. With just four minutes left on the clock City did what the Arsenal fans thought to be impossible after a good move down the right balls worked into Rossi Jarvis and his rising shot crashed into the roof of the net.
Arsenal: Mannone, Rodgers, Gilbert, Muamba, Kerry, Connolly, Efrem, Larsson, Bendfner, Stokes, Smith. Subs not used: Simpson, Butcher, Parisio, Elston.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 9 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Norwich City: Gallagher, Colin, Cave-Brown, Fisk, Rehman, Halliday, Spillane (Bexfield 75), Henderson (Eagle 68), Thorne (El Ouargui 87), Ryan Jarvis, Rossi Jarvis. Subs not used: Arnold, Martin.
Referee: Mr Ward.