Fitness chief joins Colchester
David Cuffley Former Norwich City sports scientist Dave Carolan has joined Colchester United in the same role.The U's snapped up the Irishman after fitness coach Donough Holohan's move to West Ham.
Former Norwich City sports scientist Dave Carolan has joined Colchester United in the same role.
The U's snapped up the Irishman after fitness coach Donough Holohan's move to West Ham.
After Carolan's departure from Colney, he took a part-time role with the English Institute of Sport, preparing Great Britain's shooting team for the Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
That role will work side by side with his new post at Colchester.
Said Carolan: “I spoke to Geraint Williams, the Colchester manager, at the end of last week and this is the perfect opportunity for me.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 7 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
“They understand that I have a commitment with the EIS and the two will dovetail together. There were no plans for me to go to Beijing but I will continue to provide support and continuity to the shooting team.”
Carolan said he felt he and Colchester were a “good fit”.
“Norwich was a good family club with a good community feel and Jamie Cureton described Colchester in exactly the same way, which made me feel this was the right move for me,” he said.
“I have spoken to a number of people and as well as Jamie, Steve Foley spoke in high regard about what Colchester has to offer.
“The manager and chief executive are both very positive. I've toured the new ground, which looks fantastic, and they are building a new training ground.
“My wife is from Colchester and her parents live five minutes' walk from the new ground, so this has really fallen in my lap.”