Morris leads the way with strike against Leicester as five Canaries loanees hit the target
- Credit: PA
It was an exciting weekend for five of Norwich City’s loan players, thanks to pre-season goals for their new clubs, including one against Premier League opposition.
Carlton Morris equalised for Rotherham against Leicester on Saturday, finishing calmly after being played clean through eight minutes before the break, in a game which eventually finished 2-2 at the New York Stadium.
The Canaries' striker is spending the season with the League One side, managed by former Wroxham and Diss forward Paul Warne, as he looks to rediscover fitness after a season ruined by knee and ankle injuries.
Mason Bloomfield scored an impressive effort for League Two team Crawley during a 2-1 home defeat to League One promotion hopefuls Portsmouth, coming on in the 66th minute and smashing a low effort in from just outside the box with 12 minutes remaining. City defender Sean Raggett wasn't involved for Pompey.
It was also against third-tier opposition for fellow striker Anthony Spyrou, claiming the lead after just two minutes against Burton Albion, also slotting home calmly after being put through on goal.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old also hit the post twice before being withdrawn in the 65th minute of the 5-2 home defeat for the National League side.
Irish winger Simon Power got in on the act for Ross County, coming on at half-time against League Two side Carlisle United in a home friendly.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
The Republic of Ireland U21 international scored almost immediately, following in on a parried shot to turn home from close range during a 2-0 win for the Scottish Premiership hosts.
And another winger on target was Josh Coley, scoring in just the seventh minute of a 4-0 home win over lower-level East Kilbride in the Betfred Scottish League Cup, turning home a cross from the right from 10 yards for the Championship side.
It was straight into action for left-back James Husband as well, playing the final 30 minutes
Although, in league action, there was a setback for Caleb Richards with Tampa Bay Rowdies, playing 90 minutes of a 2-0 loss away to title rivals New York Red Bulls II in the United Soccer League, seeing their Eastern Conference lead cut to two points.