Fleming links up with Blues
Ex-Norwich City and King's Lynn defender Craig Fleming has joined Ridgeons Premier Division Lowestoft's backroom staff as a first team coach. Fleming and former Canaries' fitness coach Dave Carolan have linked up with Micky Chapman and Ady Gallagher at Crown Meadow.
Ex-Norwich City and King's Lynn defender Craig Fleming has joined Ridgeons Premier Division Lowestoft's backroom staff as a first team coach.
Fleming and former Canaries' fitness coach Dave Carolan have linked up with Micky Chapman and Ady Gallagher at Crown Meadow.
Lowestoft look for a third consecutive league win at Walsham-le-Willows today after booking their place in the next round of the FA Cup with a 2-1 win over St Ives.
“We are very, very lucky to have them,” said Chapman. “These guys can make a difference to the whole squad on the fitness and coaching side, more so than any new player. The lads are buzzing, the atmosphere at training is amazing and we can see the difference already in terms of fitness levels and the fast-tempo to our game. With the money that is being spent on players at the moment what we have got is fantastic. We are working as a group together and they have brought new ideas and a real professional feel to the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Our next two games are really big games for us. They are our first two away games and we will have to make sure we are totally focused and do our jobs individually to collectively succeed.”
Wroxham's Josh Carus (head) is an injury doubt for Leiston's visit to Trafford Park. Wisbech bid to carry on their positive start to the campaign against highly fancied Needham Market. Steve Taylor's men dumped Norwich United out of the FA Cup with a 3-1 midweek replay success - former Linnet Gary Setchell sealing the win.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 4 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 5 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
“It was much better that Saturday's performance,” said Taylor. “We played at a high tempo and restricted them to shots from long distance. Needham was runners up in the league last year so we will have to play well.”
Ridgeons Division One Thetford travel to Hadleigh. Key quartet Lee Brewer, Simon Mann, Greg Mann and Kam Senior return after missing the FA Cup defeat to Needham Market.