Forbes helps Greens ease past Thetford
RIDGEONS DIVISION ONE: Thetford Town were on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline away at Gorleston on Saturday with the Greens looking very impressive. Thetford started well and could have gone in front early on but Matt Dixon's effort went wide.
Thetford Town were on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline away at Gorleston on Saturday with the Greens looking very impressive.
Thetford started well and could have gone in front early on but Matt Dixon's effort went wide.
Gorleston took the lead on 18 minutes when quick passing saw them get behind the Town defence for Mitch Forbes to run on and score.
Town tried to reply but poor passing saw Gorleston have more of the ball.
You may also want to watch:
The second-half saw Gorleston with some early chances and with Town unable to string any sort of passing together it was no surprise when Gorleston increased their lead on 78 minutes.
Thetford never managed to clear the danger and Chris Sandford benefitted before the Greens made sure of victory late on with a third.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
Swaffham Town picked up their first point of the season at home to league leaders Long Melford in a 0-0 draw.
Swaffham could have taken the lead before the break when Johnny George combined with Keith Polski before Joe Jackson saw his volley well saved.
Jackson then set up a chance for Polski but his effort cannoned off the post. The visitors improved in the second-half but couldn't create any real clearcut chances.
Downham Town were well beaten by at Stowmarket on the road on Saturday by four goals to two despite Town taking the lead.