Forest snatch victory from Norwich City U23s in injury-time
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An injury-time equaliser denied Norwich City Under-23s a fine away win at Nottingham Forest.
The young Canaries bounced back from three heavy defeats on the spin with a 3-3 draw in their final Premier League Cup game, finishing bottom of Group C on three points.
Republic of Ireland U19 striker Adam Idah had given David Wright’s side the lead at Impact Arena, the home of non-league Alfreton Town, in just the second minute but Forest equalised from the penalty spot five minutes before the break.
The hosts then moved ahead in the 50th minute thanks to a deflected shot but January signing Gassan Ahadme headed City level in the 71st minute
It looked like Norwich had snatched it when Anis Mehmeti beat the keeper from the edge of the box, only for group winners Forest to snatch a draw with a close-range strike in the first minute of injury-time.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich U23s: Johnson; Kamal, Lomas, Omobamidele, Payne (C); McIntosh (Mehmeti 46), Scully, Milovanovic, Coley; Idah, Ahadme (Hondermarck 76). Unused subs: McCracken (GK), Lambert, Keller
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto