Forest snatch victory from Norwich City U23s in injury-time
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An injury-time equaliser denied Norwich City Under-23s a fine away win at Nottingham Forest.
The young Canaries bounced back from three heavy defeats on the spin with a 3-3 draw in their final Premier League Cup game, finishing bottom of Group C on three points.
Republic of Ireland U19 striker Adam Idah had given David Wright’s side the lead at Impact Arena, the home of non-league Alfreton Town, in just the second minute but Forest equalised from the penalty spot five minutes before the break.
The hosts then moved ahead in the 50th minute thanks to a deflected shot but January signing Gassan Ahadme headed City level in the 71st minute
It looked like Norwich had snatched it when Anis Mehmeti beat the keeper from the edge of the box, only for group winners Forest to snatch a draw with a close-range strike in the first minute of injury-time.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich U23s: Johnson; Kamal, Lomas, Omobamidele, Payne (C); McIntosh (Mehmeti 46), Scully, Milovanovic, Coley; Idah, Ahadme (Hondermarck 76). Unused subs: McCracken (GK), Lambert, Keller
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion