Former Canaries academy midfielder just misses out on League Two award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A former Norwich City academy prospect has been narrowly beaten to the PFA Fans’ Player of the Year award in League Two.
Ebou Adams was nominated for the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) award after impressing for Forest Green Rovers last season, prior to the campaign being brought to an early finish by the coronavirus pandemic in March.
That placed the Gloucestershire club in 10th place after the points-per-game method was used to settle the final standings, with Adams scoring four goals in 40 games from central midfield in all competitions.
That earned the nomination, with the shortlist put to the public vote and the 24-year-old tying with Crewe full-back Harry Pickering as runner-up with 20 percent of the vote each - as Plymouth keeper Alex Palmer edged the win with 21pc.
Adams joined Norwich from non-league Dartford on deadline day of the 2016 January transfer window and was a key part of a busy season for Matt Gill’s under-23 squad, which reached the EFL Trophy knockout stages and the semi-finals of the Premier League Cup and the PL International Cup - scoring six goals in 29 games.
You may also want to watch:
He was released in 2018 after loan stints with Shrewsbury and Leyton Orient, joining Ebbsfleet and playing regularly in the National League to earn his move to Forest Green in the summer of 2019. He’s also been capped six times by Gambia since leaving City.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know