Ex-Canaries loanee makes first Dortmund appearance in over three years
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City loanee Felix Passlack has reemerged at Borussia Dortmund, over three years since his previous game for the German giants.
Still only 22 years old, Passlack was a star at youth levels for Dortmund and was capped at under-21 level by Germany, making 22 senior appearances for Dortmund, the last of which was in August 2017.
He spent the remainder of 2017-18 with Hoffenheim but only made four appearances and then joined former Dortmund II boss Daniel Farke at Norwich for 2018-19.
The emergence of Max Aarons restricted Passlack to just six games so he spent last season in the Dutch top flight with Fortuna Sittard, playing regularly and often being used as a midfielder.
And it was in midfield that he returned for Dortmund on Saturday, replacing the injured Thorgen Hazard on the left wing after just 19 minutes, playing alongside star names including Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho during a 3-0 home Bundesliga win over Borussia Monchengladbach.
You may also want to watch:
Passlack was very nearly on the score-sheet as well, seeing a shot cleared off the line early in the second half.
He is under contract with Dortmund until the end of this season.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 8 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City