Ex-Canaries loanee makes first Dortmund appearance in over three years
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City loanee Felix Passlack has reemerged at Borussia Dortmund, over three years since his previous game for the German giants.
Still only 22 years old, Passlack was a star at youth levels for Dortmund and was capped at under-21 level by Germany, making 22 senior appearances for Dortmund, the last of which was in August 2017.
He spent the remainder of 2017-18 with Hoffenheim but only made four appearances and then joined former Dortmund II boss Daniel Farke at Norwich for 2018-19.
The emergence of Max Aarons restricted Passlack to just six games so he spent last season in the Dutch top flight with Fortuna Sittard, playing regularly and often being used as a midfielder.
And it was in midfield that he returned for Dortmund on Saturday, replacing the injured Thorgen Hazard on the left wing after just 19 minutes, playing alongside star names including Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho during a 3-0 home Bundesliga win over Borussia Monchengladbach.
You may also want to watch:
Passlack was very nearly on the score-sheet as well, seeing a shot cleared off the line early in the second half.
He is under contract with Dortmund until the end of this season.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul