Former Canary puts his faith in Terriers boss
Former Canaries left-back Simon Charlton believes Huddersfield Town boss Lee Clark will bring success to the Yorkshire club. Huddersfield-born and now Norwich-based Charlton, who started his playing career at the Terriers, thinks the former Norwich assistant will take his team to bigger and better things.
Former Canaries left-back Simon Charlton believes Huddersfield Town boss Lee Clark will bring success to the Yorkshire club.
Huddersfield-born and now Norwich-based Charlton, who started his playing career at the Terriers, thinks the former Norwich assistant will take his team to bigger and better things.
“I'm convinced Lee has what it takes to get Town back to the kind of level they should be at, I'd be delighted to see them back in the Championship,” said Charlton.
The defender, now 38, made 157 appearances for Town between 1989 and 1993 before being sold to Southampton, and is currently managing non-league side Mildenhall Town, but says he wants to go further in management. “I definitely want to go further in management, and I'm on track to complete my Uefa A license soon,” Charlton added.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on Norwich, the ex-player said he didn't think the club should be in League One, but is glad they are set to bounce back up.
“They really shouldn't be down in League One, and they've certainly made a good fist of getting back up at the first attempt,” said Charlton.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 City keeper issues injury update
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 10 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
He hopes Huddersfield will also get back to the second tier of English football and feels they have the right man for the job.
Charlton added: “Lee is very dedicated and very knowledgeable. He knows what he wants and how he wants to do it.”