Former City striker Hayes joins Preston
Former Norwich City striker Paul Hayes has joined Preston North End on a Bosman free transfer.The 26-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract at Deepdale after failing to agree a new deal with Scunthorpe.
Former Norwich City striker Paul Hayes has joined Preston North End on a Bosman free transfer.
The 26-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract at Deepdale after failing to agree a new deal with Scunthorpe.
Hayes had been linked with a return to the Canaries, with whom he began his career without making a first team appearance.
He has become the first signing in Preston manager Darren Ferguson's summer re-building programme.
You may also want to watch:
Hayes had a medical on Friday, and personal terms were finalised over the weekend.
He had two spells at Scunthorpe, punctuated by two years at Barnsley. In the season just finished, he scored 13 goals and swept the board at the Scunthorpe's player of the year awards.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
Another potential Norwich target, Walsall defender Manny Smith, is believed to have agreed a new two-year contract with the West Midlands club.
Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and the Canaries were believed to be monitoring 21-year-old Smith's situation.