Former City striker Hayes joins Preston
Former Norwich City striker Paul Hayes has joined Preston North End on a Bosman free transfer.The 26-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract at Deepdale after failing to agree a new deal with Scunthorpe.
Former Norwich City striker Paul Hayes has joined Preston North End on a Bosman free transfer.
The 26-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract at Deepdale after failing to agree a new deal with Scunthorpe.
Hayes had been linked with a return to the Canaries, with whom he began his career without making a first team appearance.
He has become the first signing in Preston manager Darren Ferguson's summer re-building programme.
You may also want to watch:
Hayes had a medical on Friday, and personal terms were finalised over the weekend.
He had two spells at Scunthorpe, punctuated by two years at Barnsley. In the season just finished, he scored 13 goals and swept the board at the Scunthorpe's player of the year awards.
- 1 Farke on City set up changes
- 2 PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- 3 Getting nasty and dressing room barnies - City old boy's relegation advice
- 4 Six things you may have missed from City's disheartening defeat to Watford
- 5 Farke opens up on the impact of booing City players
- 6 'I hate losing' - Normann's City debut left a nasty taste
- 7 What does Farke do now to kickstart City?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Watford defeat
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: It is not City fans who need to believe
- 10 Encouraging first impressions from City newboy Normann
Another potential Norwich target, Walsall defender Manny Smith, is believed to have agreed a new two-year contract with the West Midlands club.
Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and the Canaries were believed to be monitoring 21-year-old Smith's situation.