Former City striker Hayes joins Preston
Former Norwich City striker Paul Hayes has joined Preston North End on a Bosman free transfer.The 26-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract at Deepdale after failing to agree a new deal with Scunthorpe.
Former Norwich City striker Paul Hayes has joined Preston North End on a Bosman free transfer.
The 26-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract at Deepdale after failing to agree a new deal with Scunthorpe.
Hayes had been linked with a return to the Canaries, with whom he began his career without making a first team appearance.
He has become the first signing in Preston manager Darren Ferguson's summer re-building programme.
You may also want to watch:
Hayes had a medical on Friday, and personal terms were finalised over the weekend.
He had two spells at Scunthorpe, punctuated by two years at Barnsley. In the season just finished, he scored 13 goals and swept the board at the Scunthorpe's player of the year awards.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
Another potential Norwich target, Walsall defender Manny Smith, is believed to have agreed a new two-year contract with the West Midlands club.
Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and the Canaries were believed to be monitoring 21-year-old Smith's situation.